7 Straits View
Marina One East Tower
Eugene is an associate in CMS Holborn Asia, the Formal Law Alliance between CMS Singapore and Holborn Law LLC.
Eugene represents clients in their transactional and litigation matters in the construction, engineering and infrastructure industries. He has experience across all aspects of dispute resolution, in particular litigation, arbitration and statutory adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap. 30B).
- A main contractor in setting aside an adjudication determination before the High Court and Court of Appeal, in relation to claims in excess of $13 million on grounds of breach of principles of natural justice.
- A geotechnical works subcontractor in obtaining an interim injunction to restrain a call on a performance bond by a main contractor
- A developer in an arbitration against the main contractor over a resort project in the Maldives, with contract value in excess of $70 million
- The adjudicator in an adjudication application brought by the subcontractor over the construction of an oil refinery plant in Jurong Island, with claim value in excess of $10 million
- Drafted and reviewed consultancy agreements on behalf of a Chinese consortium for a warehouse project in Malaysia
- Drafted a supply contract for the main contractor for the main contractor or the procurement of a specialist tunnel-boring machine to be used in the construction of the Thomson-East Coast Line in Singapore
- Bintai Kindenko Pte Ltd v Samsung C&T Corp  2 SLR 531
- Tactic Engineering Pte Ltd (in liquidation) v Sato Kogyo (S) Pte Ltd (2017) SGHC 10
- Zainal bin Hamad v Public Prosecutor and another appeal  SGCA 62
2015 - LLB, Hons, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore