Grace is an associate at CMS Holborn Asia, the Formal Law Alliance with CMS Singapore and Singapore law practice, Holborn Law LLC.
Grace advises clients for commercial disputes, with particular focus on the construction, engineering, and infrastructure industries. She has assisted clients with disputes involving projects in Singapore, South-East Asia, and the Maldives.
Grace brings her experience of different dispute resolution mechanisms to handling contentious matters, and has advised clients on concurrent rights and liabilities at domestic and international arbitration, proceedings in the Singapore Courts, the Singapore statutory adjudication regime for the building and construction industry, and court-led alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Obtained urgent interim injunctions for main contractor against developer and bond issuer in relation to bond beneficiary’s call on underlying unconditional performance bond and related disputes arising from construction contracts valued at $13.7 million and $6.5 million.
- Minority shareholder/director in consolidated suits qua plaintiff in minority oppression claim and qua defendant against claims of professional negligence in relation to building construction contracts valued at $93.5 million and $26.3 million.
- A statutory board of the Singapore government in multiple concurrent applications for court sanction of members’ scheme of arrangement and statutory amalgamation.
- Successfully resisted applications to set aside arbitral award and for leave to appeal against Singapore High Court decision, in relation to Kempinski scope of arbitration.
- A Singapore-listed developer in arbitration under SIA Arbitration Rules in relation to disputes of time analysis, valuation and defects at a resort project in the Republic of Maldives.
- A respondent in arbitration under SIAC Rules involving disputes arising from oil & gas manufacturing and supply contract.
- Applicants and respondents under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act adjudication regime. Notable matters include obtaining complete dismissal of $21 million claim on respondent’s behalf.
2013 - LLB, Hons, University College London, London
2008 - Bachelor of Social Science, Political Science, Hons, University Scholars Programme Senior Honour Roll, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore