Jeremy Tan is the head of the Commercial and TMT team at Holborn. He is an international technology lawyer with a focus on technology sourcing, outsourcing, FinTech, communications and data protection. He advises clients in a wide range of sectors, including the financial services, healthcare and telecommunications sectors.
Jeremy is recognized in legal directories as a leading individual in the TMT space. He has extensive experience in large scale multi-jurisdictional sourcing and outsourcing arrangements, services arrangements, commercial transactions and technology tenders with particular expertise in advising on the legal, regulatory and commercial issues arising in the digital space and in specific fields such as payments, the internet of things, artificial intelligence, distributed ledger technology, cybersecurity and cloud computing.
- BHP Billiton on a wide range of technology and sourcing matters including the sourcing of autonomous technology.
- GIC on a series of technology and data protection matters.
- Columbia Asia Group on eHealty, technology sourcing, regulatory and data protection matters.
- AIG on technology, data protection and InsurTech matters.
- Microsoft on transactional and regulatory matters.
- A fast-growth food delivery start-up on commercial and regulatory matters.
- A Japanese insurer on a strategic collaboration with a ride hailing start-up.
- A global reinsurance company on its data protection and document retention policy across Asia.
- A pharmaceutical distribution company on its data strategy.
- A European bank on outsourcing and regulatory compliance matters.
2007 – LL.B, National University of Singapore, Singapore
2017 - “FinTech in Singapore – From hype to reality in 2017”, Business Times
2017 – “Cashless Society in Singapore”, Business Times