Leonard is an associate at CMS Holborn Asia, the Formal Law Alliance with CMS Singapore and Singapore law practice, Holborn Law LLC. He is proficient in English and written Malay.
Leonard represents clients in contentious and non-contentious matters, with particular focus on the construction, engineering, and infrastructure industries. He has assisted clients with disputes and transactions in Singapore, South-East Asia, India, and the Maldives, amongst others.
Leonard brings his experience of different dispute resolution mechanisms to the handling of contentious matters, and has advised and represented clients in arbitral forums, proceedings in the Singapore Courts, mediation and the statutory adjudication regime under Singapore’s Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap. 30B).
- A leading Singaporean power generation company on the impact of the liberalisation of the gas market in Singapore on an existing gas supply agreement.
- A subsidiary of a listed Japanese metering solutions provider on a contract for the supply of metering equipment to Iraqi Kurdistan.
- A large Korean contractor on a claim for, amongst other things, prolongation costs arising out of the expansion of a gas terminal in Singapore.
- A large Indonesian property developer on the tender clarification process for the reclamation of an artificial island in Jakarta Bay.
- The construction arm of a Chinese developer on various project related matters, such as novation agreements, guarantee negotiation, and deeds of assignment for construction equipment procured from abroad, for a transport infrastructure project in Singapore.
- A global business aviation services provider on the negotiation of the management contract for a design build construction of a private hangar at an integrated aircraft facility in Singapore.
- A Cambodian telecommunications provider on an arbitration award relating to a contract for the supply and installation of telecommunications equipment in Cambodia.
- A global supplier of steel tubulars on the termination of employment contracts for employee misconduct.
- The consulting arm of a Singapore based industrial and infrastructure engineering group on negotiations for a SGD 200 million operating agreement in respect of an underground hydrocarbon storage facility in Singapore.
- A leading air conditioning, mechanical, and ventilating (ACMV) contractor on the termination of a contract for the installation of the mechanical ventilation system in an aircraft component manufacturing facility in Singapore.
2010 - LLB, Hons, London School of Economics and Political Science, London
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore