7 Straits View
Marina One East Tower
Eric is a corporate / M&A lawyer based in Singapore. Working closely with the Managing Partner, he advises clients ranging from multi-national corporations to high-growth start-ups on a full spectrum of M&A, fundraising, joint ventures, investment restructuring and general corporate matters. He is one of the lead lawyers in the Singapore office who handles corporate work involving Singapore law.
Prior to being qualified to the Singapore bar, Eric underwent a broad-based training covering dispute resolution (arbitration under SIAC, HKIAC and ICC rules, and litigation including exposure to the Singapore Court of Appeal), employment and regulatory work, in addition to transactional matters. With an interest in emerging markets, he had undertaken a stint in Phnom Penh with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A Singapore-based cashback reward company with a presence across Asia Pacific on its US$45m Series D fundraising and other funding, corporate and employment matters.
- Singapore Counsel advising Norwegian marine seismic services provider, Shearwater GeoServices, in its $650 million cross-border acquisition of the marine seismic acquisition assets and operations of WesternGeco.
- A global fund on its investments into a US global data analytics and systems engineering company with expertise in quantum computing.
- Singapore Counsel to a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services on its acquisition of a global functional services provider with expertise in oncology and rare diseases.
- Singapore Counsel for a Europe-listed payments processing company on the proposed acquisition of a payments business with a presence across Southeast Asia, with a deal value in excess of US$100 million.
- A North Asian investor, developer and operator in the green-energy industry on its solar joint venture project in Kazakhstan comprising of several corporate and financing matters.
- A mobile technology company on its PE exits and investments by a subsidiary of a Nasdaq-listed world leader in social communications.
- Singapore Counsel for a SGX-listed media conglomerate with diversified interests in their financing of GBP205 million to fund its acquisition of student hostels in the UK.
- One of China’s largest co-working space company on its expansion into Singapore.
- A UK-based global software corporation with a pioneering enterprise robotic process automation software on its ESOP for its Singapore employees.
- A US and Ireland-based communications technology business on its potential bid in the spectrum auction to become Singapore’s 4th telco.
2015 – J.D., Singapore Management University, Singapore
2013 – B.A. (Hons), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Singapore Academy of Law